Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kinetic Cycling


David at the race at Lake Perry

David has joined(and actually helped form) Manhattan's newest cycling club Kinetic Cycling. He had his first official US Cycling race on Sunday, March 8th. David left home at 6:30 to get to Topeka in plenty of time to register and warm-up. The kids and I stayed in Manhattan for church. Since it was his first race David competed in level 1. The race consisted of 3 five mile loops. This week's race will be 20 miles. The picture above was taken as David was coming up the "killer" hill. Note what he calls "the look of pain". I don't think he was quite sure what to expect, but he did very well. David placed 6th out of about 30. We both think that he would have done even better had he not rode 50 miles the day before!!! BUT I am still very proud :)David has ridden in a few other races, including the Big Dam Bridge in Arkansas (100 miles) and the Oz "race" in Wamego.

1 comment:

Stacey Montgomery said...

I guess I didn't realize that David loved cycling. We go on bike outtings around our house with Gracie. My bike just had a flat tire on Liner trail but we just got a new tube so it will be up and running again. Joe is more of a daredevil on the trails than me. Gracie loves bike rides.