Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas is coming...

Yesterday, instead of getting up really early to start our Christmas shopping we enjoyed a day at home. David went out in the rain (for 5 hours!) and cut firewood so that we will stay warm through the winter. The kids and I spent the morning cleaning house and preparing to decorate. Once Avery laid down for her nap, Zach and I got out the Christmas music and decorations. We drank hot chocolate... listened to the music... decorated the house... and then celebrated being done(well almost) by watching "Shrek the Third"... one of our favorites :) In the evening, Avery and I went to town to buy our new Christmas tree! It is pre-lit... so no more messing with those little white lights!!! It also rotates, which I think is actually keeping Zach from getting any of the ornaments off :) David and I put the ornaments on after the kids went to bed. Well, I put the ornaments on and David played X-Box... but I think he was at least watching me put them on. I left a few of my favorite glass ornaments in the box this year... and I put only the fabric and paper ones at the bottom (where Avery can reach). All this decorating has me very excited for our guests... Bryan and Julie are going to stay with us this year... for 3 or 4 days!!! I hope everyone else is enjoying the beginning of what I think will be be a great holiday season :) This morning it even snowed! AND David got his first duck of the season... a beautiful mallard... that I will NOT be eating :)

No comments: